Dancing White Peacocks - Why do Peacocks Dance?

#31 May 28th, 2009, 08:51
Join Date:
Mar 2009
Location:
Chennai
Posts:
195
  • drgrudge is offline
#31
^^
Thanks for the links snonymous. Tanjore, Tiruchi, Gangaikondacholapuram and Kumbakonam is in my to-do list for a long time now. Will check Viralimalai too.
#32 May 28th, 2009, 19:25
Join Date:
Jan 2008
Location:
india
Posts:
7,790
  • brishti is offline
#32

aside

Quote:
Originally Posted by snonymous View Post Hi Brishti - I never found that Bengal Sweet House in Pali Naka!


keep pali naka market behind you as you go onto pali hill road... i.e. moving towards ambedkar road.
janta bar & restaurant will be on your right -
as you leave the market and get onto pali hill road - there're a long row of shops on your left.
keep looking left - it'll be in that row of shops... [walking distance from pali naka market]

go get your mishti doi snonymous!


forgot to mention it before... but absolutely amazing pictures from all.
thank you.



:brishti
#33 May 29th, 2009, 11:34
Join Date:
Feb 2008
Location:
Mumbai
Posts:
4,094
  • snonymous is offline
#33
Quote:
Originally Posted by brishti View Post

keep pali naka market behind you as you go onto pali hill road... i.e. moving towards ambedkar road.
janta bar & restaurant will be on your right -
as you leave the market and get onto pali hill road - there're a long row of shops on your left.
keep looking left - it'll be in that row of shops... [walking distance from pali naka market]

go get your mishti doi snonymous!


forgot to mention it before... but absolutely amazing pictures from all.
thank you.



:brishti
That is 'SWEET BENGAL' Brishti, and it is best quality Sandesh that I'm craving for, which regrettably Sweet Bengal does not always provide. Just as well, one is not tempted to gorge!
Travelpod / Flickr


-----------------------------------------------------
#34 May 29th, 2009, 16:06
Join Date:
Jan 2008
Location:
india
Posts:
7,790
  • brishti is offline
#34

you want me to get the name and the directions right ?
am sticking to the word assoc thread from now on

snonymous - try the mishti doi - you may have better luck.

apologies about the name though
methought a bengal sweet shop is a bengal sweet shop is a bengal sweet shop.



:brishti
#35 Jun 7th, 2009, 04:39
Join Date:
Jan 2009
Location:
Noo Yawk
Posts:
371
  • Keshava is offline
#35
For years there have been lots of peacocks in Vrindavan. I'd always see four or five on the morning walk around the Parikrama. But with the all the money to be made in what was once a sleepy temple town it is turning into Joni Mitchell's paved parking lot and wildlife is fleeing.
#36 Jun 7th, 2009, 09:31
Join Date:
May 2009
Location:
Chincholi Morachi
Posts:
3
  • tanmayathopate is offline
#36

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by snonymous View Post Very strange.

In my Inbox I got an update to this thread with some really useful information about Morachi Chincholi, but it has now disappeared from the face of India Mike for some unknown reason. Im pasting it here:

"From
tanmayathopate
I just came across your post about Chincholi Morachi, Now you will get more improved view of nature in Chincholi Morachi. Its now approved tourist spot by MTDC. You can stay here for weekends also with your family or friends. Now you will get much delicious food over here.

You can check latest update on chincholi moranchi, its peacocks town (http://tanmayas.blogspot.com/2008/08...ocks-town.html")
Has any one planned out small Chincholi Morachi () village week end trip or not?

I'll suggest, You'd plan, as Mansoon has arrived in Pune and yesterday only Chincholi Morachi got 2 hrs splashes of water from clouds... It was very beautiful and before the rain started, Peacocks were dancing....
-------------
Nature Lover,

Tanmaya....
Explore your town....
#37 Jun 7th, 2009, 15:48
Join Date:
Dec 2005
Location:
Mumbai, India
Posts:
3,644
  • shahronakm is offline
#37
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanmayathopate View Post Has any one planned out small Chincholi Morachi () village week end trip or not?

I'll suggest, You'd plan, as Mansoon has arrived in Pune and yesterday only Chincholi Morachi got 2 hrs splashes of water from clouds... It was very beautiful and before the rain started, Peacocks were dancing....
I am planning a visit to Chincholi Morachi & I did check your website before coming across this thread. Can it be visited during monsoons I mean will I be able to see Peacocks dancing at that time ? I am planning to stay there for one night may be like reach there Sunday morning & leave Monday morning. Any more information on the same will be appreciated.

Ronak.
#38 Jun 8th, 2009, 03:06
Join Date:
May 2009
Location:
Chincholi Morachi
Posts:
3
  • tanmayathopate is offline
#38

Smile

Hi Ronak,
Quote:
I am planning a visit to Chincholi Morachi & I did check your website before coming across this thread. Can it be visited during monsoons I mean will I be able to see Peacocks dancing at that time ? I am planning to stay there for one night may be like reach there Sunday morning & leave Monday morning. Any more information on the same will be appreciated.
Good to know that you are planning for one night stay. Yes, you can visit Morachi Chincholi on weekend. As mansoon has started now, you will surely get display of their enormous flamboyant tail feathers. You can contact my brother once you reach at Chincholi Morachi, so that He will take you to our farm land, where you will get this beautiful view.
Very shortly, I'll be also visiting to Chincholi Morachi for personal work over there. Hope we will meet
#39 Jun 8th, 2009, 03:34
Join Date:
May 2008
Location:
Back in Jolly ol' Blighty!
Posts:
8,243
  • Haylo is offline
#39
Quote:
Originally Posted by snonymous View Post Yes, I believe they are very commonly seen in North India, in fact I now remember seeing peacocks flying into somebody's garden in Delhi, that was years ago.
There are many peacocks in the garden of Humayan's Tomb in Delhi, just listen for the screeching towards the right!

Surprisingly, though they are huge birds and though I could hear several of them in the tree I was standing directly under, it took me a while to spot them.
______________________________ ______________________________ _________________

The world is mud-luscious and puddle-wonderful - E.E. Cummings, poet (1894-1962)

My India Photos Re-Entry Permit from: UK & USA ~ MHA Tourist Visa FAQ ~ MHA Employent & Business Visa FAQ ~ MHA Student Visa FAQ ~ MHA Entry Visa FAQ .
#40 Jun 8th, 2009, 22:15
Join Date:
Dec 2005
Location:
Mumbai, India
Posts:
3,644
  • shahronakm is offline
#40
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanmayathopate View Post Hi Ronak,
Good to know that you are planning for one night stay. Yes, you can visit Morachi Chincholi on weekend. As mansoon has started now, you will surely get display of their enormous flamboyant tail feathers. You can contact my brother once you reach at Chincholi Morachi, so that He will take you to our farm land, where you will get this beautiful view.
Very shortly, I'll be also visiting to Chincholi Morachi for personal work over there. Hope we will meet
Thanks for your reply. What about accomodation & food ? What are the options ? Am planning for 21 st June.

Ronak.
Reply

Similar Threads

Title, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views Forum
Dancing Free Feb 23rd, 2009 17:07 23 9272 Volunteering and Charitable Causes in India
Blue and White Dance, Emerald Lawns Feb 9th, 2009 11:50 2 1726 Goa
dancing club Sep 20th, 2008 02:35 0 1121 Uttar Pradesh
Wild peacocks? Apr 11th, 2006 10:14 8 2583 Indian Wildlife and National Parks
Dancing May 5th, 2005 05:58 6 1842 Chai and Chat


Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Forum Rules»
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2
© IndiaMike.com 2018
Page Load Success