About Jim Corbett National Park

#1 Mar 30th, 2007, 19:17
Join Date:
Mar 2007
Location:
New Delhi
Posts:
128
  • rajivphoto is offline
#1
Hello friends


Myself Rajiv, living in New delhi. I am planning to go Jim Corbett National Park, Uttranchal. Can some one suggest me about more of this place, Like, How i can go there, sightseeing, Hotel etc

Thanks in advance

rajiv
#2 Mar 30th, 2007, 20:42
Join Date:
Dec 2005
Location:
Mumbai, India
Posts:
3,632
  • shahronakm is offline
#2
Jim Corbett can be reached by taking a train from Delhi to Ramnagar.

Staying options high end are
http://www.kyari.in/rates.htm
http://www.indianwildlife.com/tigercamp.html
http://www.corbettriverside.com/

You can also stay inside the forest at Dhikala forest lodge with prior bookings. It is highly recommended. For bookings contact
Field Director Project Tiger
Corbett National Park
Ramnagar
Dist: Nainital
Phone No: 05947-251489
Fax No. is 05947-253977

If you get booking at Dhikala you can also go on an Elephant Safari (Best option to view a tiger. Otherwise you can go on a jeep safari, jeeps being available just outside the gate. Forest dept. Also run a Canter service (Mini bus) during mornings & evenings.

Hope this helps.

Ronak.
#3 Apr 2nd, 2007, 14:19
Join Date:
Mar 2007
Location:
New Delhi
Posts:
128
  • rajivphoto is offline
#3
Thanks a lot Ronak for this information. If someone share more it'll better.

regards

rajiv
#4 Apr 2nd, 2007, 16:35
Join Date:
Oct 2005
Location:
Bangalore
Posts:
518
  • arunchs is offline
#4
Is there anything specific you are looking for?
#5 Feb 6th, 2011, 11:54
Join Date:
Jul 2010
Location:
FARIDABAD
Posts:
47
  • HareKrishna is offline
#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahronakm View Post Jim Corbett can be reached by taking a train from Delhi to Ramnagar.

Staying options high end are
http://www.kyari.in/rates.htm
http://www.indianwildlife.com/tigercamp.html
http://www.corbettriverside.com/

You can also stay inside the forest at Dhikala forest lodge with prior bookings. It is highly recommended. For bookings contact
Field Director Project Tiger
Corbett National Park
Ramnagar
Dist: Nainital
Phone No: 05947-251489
Fax No. is 05947-253977

If you get booking at Dhikala you can also go on an Elephant Safari (Best option to view a tiger. Otherwise you can go on a jeep safari, jeeps being available just outside the gate. Forest dept. Also run a Canter service (Mini bus) during mornings & evenings.

Hope this helps.

Ronak.
Good Info Ronak..

We (2) will reach Jim Corbett on 12th Feb 2011 Sat 5am, n want to stay there 12th and 13th sunday.
13th night we'll catch train to delhi.
pls suggest how can I plan for safari for two days n wat will b the cost?
Also, wat to do to get the permit?.

Thanks in advance
Hare Krishna....
krisna hi prem ka sagar hai .......
#6 Aug 13th, 2011, 13:58
Join Date:
Aug 2011
Location:
delhi
Posts:
4
  • meyher is offline
#6

Bankriti cafe

If u are in Corbett, u must visit Bankriti cafe. It is on the main Corbett road, between Ramnager and Dhangarhi gate. Bankriti cafe is the only place in Corbett where i got good pasta, cappuccino and chocolate muffins. I used to visit the cafe every morning for their delicious Fixed Continental Breakfast. Also saw some youngsters having Hookah/Sheesha.
#7 Aug 15th, 2011, 22:46
Join Date:
Jun 2009
Location:
New Delhi
Posts:
49
  • punspans is offline
#7
ah yes... my group had coffee and tea at this place. the owner is a nice experienced guy and chatted with him about corbett and other things. and the tea and coffee were good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meyher View Post If u are in Corbett, u must visit Bankriti cafe. It is on the main Corbett road, between Ramnager and Dhangarhi gate. Bankriti cafe is the only place in Corbett where i got good pasta, cappuccino and chocolate muffins. I used to visit the cafe every morning for their delicious Fixed Continental Breakfast. Also saw some youngsters having Hookah/Sheesha.
#8 May 25th, 2012, 13:54
Join Date:
May 2012
Location:
Maharashtra,Thane
Posts:
2
  • ketang is offline
#8
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivphoto View Post Hello friends


Myself Rajiv, living in New delhi. I am planning to go Jim Corbett National Park, Uttranchal. Can some one suggest me about more of this place, Like, How i can go there, sightseeing, Hotel etc

Thanks in advance

rajiv
Hi everybody> I want to travel to corbett park from delhi Can anyone tell me the bus timings from delhi Also where to take bus > I want to know how to start posting ur questions. i m tired of searching this site.

Moderator Note: Please do not post in SMS language. SMS language such as 'ur' 'm' etc., are not permitted.
Last edited by Hyderabadi; May 25th, 2012 at 15:12..
#9 May 25th, 2012, 14:53
Join Date:
Oct 2011
Location:
Want to live enerywhere
Posts:
3,561
  • Duronto Jajabar is offline
#9
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivphoto View Post Thanks a lot Ronak for this information. If someone share more it'll better.....
What Ronak said is actual and sufficient. Be specific asking your questions, please. If you want to stay inside NP, and for Dhikala Zone safari read here "
http://www.corbettnationalpark.in/page_visit_ctr.htm

For day-safari through other gates, you have to queue up at the gate depending on the tourist rush at that time. In May last we were told to queue up at 4am for morning safari.

Outside NP area, there are elephant ride, trip to Corbett museum, Corbett fall.




Quote:
Originally Posted by HareKrishna View Post Good Info Ronak.....
pls suggest how can I plan for safari for two days n wat will b the cost?
Also, wat to do to get the permit?.
.......
HK,

As I told rajiv above, you have to book inside accommodation through the authority.

Day visit is permitted through different gates after obtaining permission at the respective Entry Gates. Dhikala is popular zone but day visit is allowed to the visitors who have prior accommodation reserved. There are fixed rates.

Private hotels outside the NP can help you getting permits.
They can arrange canter safari too, but it's too noisy for jungle safari.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ketang View Post Hi everybody> I want to travel to corbett park from delhi Can anyone tell me the bus timings from delhi Also where to take bus > I want to know how to start posting ur questions. i m tired of searching this site.
Don't get tired friend it'll pay you.
Go through the Beginner's Guide.

Sorry I don't know of bus from delhi, but there is train to Ramnagar.

For other details of Jim Corbett NP, go through the above site.
aamar payer tolai sorshe...(I have wheels under my feet)
#10 May 26th, 2012, 16:33
Join Date:
May 2007
Location:
India
Posts:
81
  • touring_manali is offline
#10
i want to understand few things.

if one stays inside the forest in fRH e.g dhikala, will that allow someone to spend more time in safari or there are fixed timings that everyone has to follow.

i've been to gir national park and there one is allowed to enter the forest only in the morning and afternoon. but no one is allowed to move inside the forest for the whole day. one goes inside the forest in morning but has to come back after 2-3 hours and than again one has to go in the afternoon, if one wishes to go. is it the same in corbett? so if i stay in FRH, will i be able to spend the entire day inside the forest or will i have to return to FRH for lunch and than again go at a particular time?

how can one book gypsy while staying inside the forest? does FRH have the facility of booking the gypsy?

and finally how many FRH are there in corbett?

if i am looking for a FRH surrounded by dense forest, which one would you recommend?

i saw a pic (or i guess a video)of one FRH which was overlooking the lake/pond? does anyone know about it?

would be thankful if anyone could help me out

regards,

#11 May 29th, 2012, 22:06
Join Date:
Jan 2009
Location:
UK
Posts:
20
  • Mermaid is offline
#11
Checkout this thead for the best information on Corbett.
Corbett park made easy
#12 May 29th, 2012, 23:37
Join Date:
Jan 2012
Location:
GURGAON
Posts:
123
  • venkat273 is offline
#12
Dhikala is 25 Kms from the forest entry gate.
At 6am you are already well inside the forest (you have a head start) as compared to the other tourists who need totravel quite a lot before you reach the dense forests. However one needs to be lucky to spot a tiger. You may spot a tiger as soon as you enter the forest.

Ramganga river flows past the Dhikala FRH. You might get to see a herd of elephants.
You can also do en safari on elephant back. The grasslands at Dhikala is ideal tiger terrain.
You will have to book the gypsy in Ramnagar

Happy viewing.

Regards
Venkat

Similar Threads

Title, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views Forum
Inexpensive Trip To Corbett National Park from Delhi Dec 2nd, 2013 21:35 10 6371 Indian Wildlife and National Parks
Partner for Corbett National Park Apr 29th, 2007 18:16 3 1770 India Travel Partners
Corbett National Park Aug 23rd, 2006 22:44 9 3013 Lodging and Hotels in India
Corbett National Park & Rajasthan Apr 9th, 2006 16:10 6 1745 India Travel Itinerary Advice
Corbett National Park, UK TV tonight Nov 28th, 2004 19:13 1 1760 Books, Music, and Movies


Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Forum Rules»
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2
© IndiaMike.com 2018
Page Load Success