Duronto from Secunderabad to Visakhapatnam

#1 Jul 15th, 2011, 17:04
Join Date:
Jul 2009
Location:
Hyderabad
Posts:
1
  • sravanadu is offline
#1
Hello All,

When is the new train from Secunderabad(SC ) to Visakhapatnam(VSKP) duronto express is commencing. Any idea. Thanks in advance.

Sravan A.
#2 Jul 15th, 2011, 17:24
Join Date:
Mar 2011
Location:
Kolkata
Posts:
3,733
  • dipyamanbasu is offline
#2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sravanadu View Post Hello All,

When is the new train from Secunderabad(SC ) to Visakhapatnam(VSKP) duronto express is commencing. Any idea. Thanks in advance.

Sravan A.
It should be soon on the railway tracks. However in its initial runs, it would run with the SC-NZM rakes.
You can follow http://indiarailinfo.com/blog/post/196336 for some discussions on the same.
#3 Jul 19th, 2011, 11:34
Join Date:
May 2005
Location:
HYDERABAD
Posts:
4,264
  • vsp27759 is offline
#3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dipyamanbasu View Post It should be soon on the railway tracks. However in its initial runs, it would run with the SC-NZM rakes.
##The 22204 SC-VSKP Duronto would depart from Secunderabad at 20.30 hrs. on MON/WED/SAT and arrives in VSKP on TUE/THU/SUN at 6.05 hrs.

WHEREAS

The 2285 SC-NZM Duronto leaves SC at 13.30 hrs. on THURSDAYS & SUNDAYS.

##In view of the above position, it may please be noted that the VSKP-Duronto would be started as and when a dedicated Duronto Rake is received.
#4 Jul 19th, 2011, 19:34
Join Date:
Mar 2011
Location:
Kolkata
Posts:
3,733
  • dipyamanbasu is offline
#4
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsp27759 View Post ##The 22204 SC-VSKP Duronto would depart from Secunderabad at 20.30 hrs. on MON/WED/SAT and arrives in VSKP on TUE/THU/SUN at 6.05 hrs.

WHEREAS

The 2285 SC-NZM Duronto leaves SC at 13.30 hrs. on THURSDAYS & SUNDAYS.

##In view of the above position, it may please be noted that the VSKP-Duronto would be started as and when a dedicated Duronto Rake is received.
Perhaps. But the news article as translated by other bloggers speaks something else.
Since the south bound Raj's used to have RSA, with the introduction of LHB's to TVC, the old ICF rake of TVC Raj is lying idle. Considering such situation, the train can be introduced shortly and can later run with LHB's after the same is rolled out from the factory.
#5 Jul 19th, 2011, 20:10
Join Date:
May 2005
Location:
HYDERABAD
Posts:
4,264
  • vsp27759 is offline
#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by dipyamanbasu View Post But the news article as translated by other bloggers speaks something else.
##I suggest you please don't rely on News Items, but, you can rely on Official Announcements from Railway Authorities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipyamanbasu View Post Since the south bound Raj's used to have RSA, with the introduction of LHB's to TVC, the old ICF rake of TVC Raj is lying idle.
##Rajdhani Rakes are operated by both ICF and LHB Rakes, whereas Durontos, I understand, are all with LHB-Design only. Hence, there may not be scope for change in the Duronto Rakes.

##Hence, the SC-VSKP Duronto has to wait till new Duronto rake is received.
#6 Jul 19th, 2011, 20:15
Join Date:
Mar 2011
Location:
Kolkata
Posts:
3,733
  • dipyamanbasu is offline
#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsp27759 View Post ##Rajdhani Rakes are operated by both ICF and LHB Rakes, whereas Durontos, I understand, are all with LHB-Design only. Hence, there may not be scope for change in the Duronto Rakes.
No sir. Few of the Durontos originating from Howrah; like Howrah Puri and Howrah Digha runs with ICF.
#7 Jul 19th, 2011, 22:36
Join Date:
May 2005
Location:
HYDERABAD
Posts:
4,264
  • vsp27759 is offline
#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dipyamanbasu View Post No sir. Few of the Durontos originating from Howrah; like Howrah Puri and Howrah Digha runs with ICF.
##Should we wait till they become LHB? :-)
#8 Jul 19th, 2011, 22:38
Join Date:
Mar 2011
Location:
Kolkata
Posts:
3,733
  • dipyamanbasu is offline
#8
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsp27759 View Post ##Should we wait till they become LHB? :-)
They should be soon removed and reintroduced as some other train.
May be some S/F or Shatabdi with less stoppages.
#9 Jul 20th, 2011, 09:10
Join Date:
May 2005
Location:
HYDERABAD
Posts:
4,264
  • vsp27759 is offline
#9
Quote:
Originally Posted by dipyamanbasu View Post They should be soon removed and reintroduced as some other train.
##I assume the HWH-Digha Duronto would be continued, and the HWH-Puri Duronto is faring well.
#10 Jul 20th, 2011, 14:41
Join Date:
Mar 2011
Location:
Kolkata
Posts:
3,733
  • dipyamanbasu is offline
#10
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsp27759 View Post ##I assume the HWH-Digha Duronto would be continued, and the HWH-Puri Duronto is faring well.
Hwh-Digha Duronto is of really no use. And there is no point in running Duronto to Puri from two nearby stations; Howrah and Sealdah (Newly proposed)

Digha is a place where middle class family visits frequently to enjoy their vacation. There is no point in them paying such high fare when compared to other trains running in the same route.
#11 Jul 20th, 2011, 15:17
Join Date:
May 2005
Location:
HYDERABAD
Posts:
4,264
  • vsp27759 is offline
#11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dipyamanbasu View Post And there is no point in running Duronto to Puri from two nearby stations; Howrah and Sealdah (Newly proposed)
##You must also note the difference between these two - One is day-time Duronto and the other one is overnight Duronto.Hence, both these will be continued.

##More possibly, the SDAH-PURI Duronto, currently tri-weekly, could even become "daily" in the near future.

Similar Threads

Title, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views Forum
visakhapatnam Apr 10th, 2014 12:16 42 14224 Andhra Pradesh and Telangana
Secunderabad to Shirdi Nov 5th, 2009 10:13 2 1103 Maharashtra
Accommodation Visakhapatnam Aug 19th, 2009 13:45 4 856 Andhra Pradesh and Telangana
Visakhapatnam - Rent a car Jul 21st, 2009 18:53 3 1909 Andhra Pradesh and Telangana


Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Forum Rules»
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2
© IndiaMike.com 2014
Page Load Success