Travel partners for Kalpa-Sangla-Chitkul-Spiti in May first week

Reply
#76 Apr 9th, 2015, 12:23
Join Date:
Apr 2015
Location:
Bangalore, India
Posts:
7
  • Amit Kansal is offline
#76
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinavhere View Post Hi Amit,
If you have time then stay for a day at Narkanda you have some budget stay options there too.Try out food at the Himalayan Dhaba that serves best of the foods in that area and is located on the main street.Go for a 8km drive to the Hatu Peak which is well connected with a single lane road where you find a beautiful wooden carved temple at the summit,you can easily hire a shared taxi to go there which takes around 30min to reach the peak.If you like treking then can walk thrugh the mountains to reach the top in an 2hrs.

Take Care
Keep Travelling
Yeah, I do have time for Narkanda but wasn't sure of what to do there. Thanks a bunch for your tip!
#77 May 3rd, 2015, 20:33
Join Date:
Apr 2015
Location:
Bangalore, India
Posts:
7
  • Amit Kansal is offline
#77
Guys,

Road from Jeori to PEO isn't in good condition. A forced detour meant it took me almost 6 hours today. Plan accordingly.

Amit
#78 May 10th, 2015, 10:16
Join Date:
Sep 2014
Location:
out of the world
Posts:
165
  • sojourn_seeker is offline
#78
I think the road is in usual condition like every year. The Chandigarh PEO bus took about 12-13 hours to reach Karchham with 2-3 breaks. Must be noted that Tapri was closed and bus went via Urni.
Last edited by sojourn_seeker; May 12th, 2015 at 01:42..
#79 May 10th, 2015, 10:28
Join Date:
Sep 2014
Location:
out of the world
Posts:
165
  • sojourn_seeker is offline
#79

Spiti stay and food

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpanico View Post I will be starting my journey when you finish yours. Please post a short review of the condition and the places you stayed with your recommendations(may be on a different thread and post a link here) on the stay and food. This would be very helpful.

Wish you a safe and splendid trip too.

Regards,
Hi
I just completed the splendid trip to Spiti. I was in tabo on 3rd May, options available were trojan guest house, maitrya and sona home stay. We stayed at trojan Gh. Our preferred choice was Kesang homestay (same owner as trojan but it was closed). The super awesome food at millennium monestry restro is the best available in Tabo.

Most options in KAza (4th May) were closed. The options were hotels Khangsar, snow lion, deyzor, winter white and sonam home stay. Home stay is on the road above the KAza monestry ( on way to snow lion) and was cheapest (300 bucks). We opted for hotel winter white (last hotel on Bsnl road after hotel deyzor) as a good deal of 750 per person was offered with room , breakfast and dinner. Food at Winter white was good.

Key cee lodge was a recommended option but it was closed.

Lalung cafe near petrol pump served average veg thali for lunch.
Hope this helps.
Last edited by sojourn_seeker; May 12th, 2015 at 01:43..
#80 May 12th, 2015, 19:06
Join Date:
May 2013
Location:
Recently Shifted Bangalore
Posts:
75
  • abhinavhere is offline
#80
Hay...Great you enjoyed the journey to Himachal

Cheers
Keep travelling and stay blessed
#81 May 13th, 2015, 12:35
Join Date:
Oct 2009
Location:
Konnagar, Dist. Hooghly, W.B. India
Posts:
117
  • asmit007 is offline
#81
@sojourn_seeker.

Hope, you did a nice trip.

Please submit you trip report in detail together with the contact details and tariff of the Accommodations what you have stated for the future travellers, which will be a great help to them.

Regadrs.
#82 May 13th, 2015, 13:37
Join Date:
Jan 2012
Location:
Kolkata
Posts:
1,070
  • life1style1 is offline
#82
@sojourn_seeker,

How much did the car charge you per day?
Can you share the details?
Only rules that matters are:What a man can do and what a man can not !!!!

****************************** **
Some of my compilations in Flickr
#83 May 14th, 2015, 18:44
Join Date:
Mar 2015
Location:
Gurgaon, Haryana
Posts:
1
  • Ashwani Chahal is offline
#83

Is Shimla to Rakcham in one day possible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sojourn_seeker View Post Hi
I just completed the splendid trip to Spiti. I was in tabo on 3rd May, options available were trojan guest house, maitrya and sona home stay. We stayed at trojan Gh. Our preferred choice was Kesang homestay (same owner as trojan but it was closed). The super awesome food at millennium monestry restro is the best available in Tabo.

Most options in KAza (4th May) were closed. The options were hotels Khangsar, snow lion, deyzor, winter white and sonam home stay. Home stay is on the road above the KAza monestry ( on way to snow lion) and was cheapest (300 bucks). We opted for hotel winter white (last hotel on Bsnl road after hotel deyzor) as a good deal of 750 per person was offered with room , breakfast and dinner. Food at Winter white was good.

Key cee lodge was a recommended option but it was closed.

Lalung cafe near petrol pump served average veg thali for lunch.
Hope this helps.

Hi sojourn_seeker, I have been following this thread of yours since long. I am happy to know that you have completed your journey. (Kindly share some pictures if possible).

I am travelling with one of my friends to Chitkul. My itinerary is as below:

15th May: Delhi to Shimla (overnight bus)
16th May: Shimla to Sangla/Rekong Peo (starting from Shimla at 10am approx using public transport)
17th May: Rakcham/Chitkul
18th May: Rakcham/Chitkul
19th May: Back to Shimla
20th May: Back to delhi

Kindly let me know if its possible for me to start from Shimla at 11am approx and reach Rekong Peo or Sangla by the end of the day?
I will be travelling from public transport only (we both are male travellers)

Also, let me know some budget stay options in Rekong Peo.

Thanks,
Ashwani
#84 May 20th, 2015, 00:31
Join Date:
Sep 2014
Location:
out of the world
Posts:
165
  • sojourn_seeker is offline
#84
Quote:
Originally Posted by life1style1 View Post @sojourn_seeker,

How much did the car charge you per day?
Can you share the details?
Hi,

Did Kinnaur by public transport. For Spiti, the charges were 4 k per day as it was jst a 3 days trip and we did not have time to negotiate. The taxi union at peo quoted rate of 3500+drivers' lodging-borading etc charges.

I am sure the rates will be lower for longer trip.

I will shortly share all the details of drivers, car type, acco. etc.

Regards
#85 May 20th, 2015, 00:34
Join Date:
Sep 2014
Location:
out of the world
Posts:
165
  • sojourn_seeker is offline
#85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashwani Chahal View Post Hi sojourn_seeker, I have been following this thread of yours since long. I am happy to know that you have completed your journey. (Kindly share some pictures if possible).

I am travelling with one of my friends to Chitkul. My itinerary is as below:

15th May: Delhi to Shimla (overnight bus)
16th May: Shimla to Sangla/Rekong Peo (starting from Shimla at 10am approx using public transport)
17th May: Rakcham/Chitkul
18th May: Rakcham/Chitkul
19th May: Back to Shimla
20th May: Back to delhi

Kindly let me know if its possible for me to start from Shimla at 11am approx and reach Rekong Peo or Sangla by the end of the day?
I will be travelling from public transport only (we both are male travellers)

Also, let me know some budget stay options in Rekong Peo.

Thanks,
Ashwani
Sorry!!!

Plan Very much possible and hope you are having a great journey.
#86 May 20th, 2015, 00:36
Join Date:
Sep 2014
Location:
out of the world
Posts:
165
  • sojourn_seeker is offline
#86
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinavhere View Post Hay...Great you enjoyed the journey to Himachal

Cheers
Keep travelling and stay blessed
Hi

would not have been possible without guidance of fellow Imers including you.

thanks
#87 Aug 29th, 2016, 19:03
Join Date:
Apr 2013
Location:
Kolkata
Posts:
7
  • Tanoy4U is offline
#87
Hi,

I am planning to visit Kinnaur in this September. I will be reaching Shimla on 11/09/16 and my return date is 16/09/16.

Is it possible to cover Spiti by this time. Looking forward a best possible itinerary.
Also it would be very helpful if I get all the transport details for the entire trip and the cost as well.

Thanx!
#88 Mar 14th, 2017, 19:15
Join Date:
Mar 2017
Location:
Hyderabad
Posts:
4
  • v.vijayachandra is offline
#88
Quote:
Originally Posted by sojourn_seeker View Post Dear IMers,

I am planning to travel to Kinnaur [Kalpa-Sangla-Chitkul] and Spiti in May 1st week. I am thinking of starting journey to Kinnaur from Shimla from 1st or 8th May.

I [30 yr old working female] am a nature-lover who day/night dream of travelling to mountains. I am looking for like-minded travellers who like to soak in the beauty of mountains. I would prefer female partners or mixed group of males-females.

The plan is to have a mid-budget trip.

The tentative itinerary as of now:

Day 1: Shimla to Sangla
Day 2: Sangla
Day 3: Sangla
Day 4: Chitkul
Day 5: Chitkul to Kalpa
Day 6: Kalpa
Day 7 to 9: Nako,Tabo,Kaza [Spiti]
Day 1o-11: Kaza to Shimla

Above itinerary can be changed to meet personal preferences, but the idea is to spend at-least two days in Kalpa- and Sangla valley.

If due to time-constraints, anyone wants to join till day 6--most welcome.

Thanks!!

Cheers!!
I am interested to join
#89 Mar 14th, 2017, 19:20
Join Date:
Mar 2017
Location:
Hyderabad
Posts:
4
  • v.vijayachandra is offline
#89

Hi I am vijay from hyderabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.vijayachandra View Post I am interested to join
i am doing business in hyderabad and I am very interested about nature. Last year I went to Himachal Pradesh for a week to great Himalayan national park. In banjar district. Now I am looking to go again Himachal Pradesh but different locations
#90 Mar 20th, 2017, 16:53
Join Date:
May 2013
Location:
Recently Shifted Bangalore
Posts:
75
  • abhinavhere is offline
#90
hi vijay...Have a wonderful journey.In case of any info. do let me know will be happy to help.

keep travelling and stay blessed.
Reply

Similar Threads

Title, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views Forum
faridabad to Kalpa, Sangla, Chitkul Jun 26th, 2012 15:10 10 1820 Himachal Pradesh
Regarding Kalpa - Sangla - Chitkul Jun 10th, 2011 12:48 3 2748 Himachal Pradesh
Shimla-Sangla-Chitkul -Kalpa May 9th, 2011 18:53 0 2270 Introduce Yourself
Kalpa-Sangla-Chitkul-Kaza-Spiti in early May Apr 22nd, 2011 14:56 5 2510 Himachal Pradesh
Chopta or Chitkul/kalpa/sangla May 9th, 2009 08:02 1 1744 Introduce Yourself


Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Forum Rules»
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2
© IndiaMike.com 2017
Page Load Success