Getting a single status certificate (Bangalore)

#16 Aug 1st, 2011, 14:34
Join Date:
Aug 2011
Location:
Manchester
Posts:
2
  • ajjubloom is offline
#16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunalksinha View Post Steps
1) Get a notary attestation on the stamp paper declaring your
single status
2) Get it attested by SDM (Sub Divisional Megistrate)
3) Get APOSTILLE from Ministry of External Affairs
4) Get APOSTILLE from Embassy of the concerned Country

This works as Single status certificate.
Hi Kunal,

My name is Ajay, I am in a situation as you had mentioned. I would like to get a single status certificate. What should I do? After reading all the responses I am a bit confused? Could you please give a suggestion?
#17 Aug 1st, 2011, 15:07
Join Date:
Oct 2004
Location:
Chennai, India
Posts:
58,794
  • Nick-H is offline
#17
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajjubloom View Post I am based in the UK, but an Indian citizen and a hindu. I am planning to marry my girlfriend, who is from China. After reading all the responses here, I am a bit confused.
Just about nothing here has anything to do with getting married in the UK, so don't let any of it confuse you
#18 Oct 29th, 2011, 21:56
Join Date:
Oct 2011
Location:
delhi
Posts:
1
  • marcoalfachino is offline
#18
vincent_f84
If you don't mind can you give me more info about how you got single status certificate from India.. as same like you, my gf is from China and we are planning to get marry at China but i need to proof single status....
1. Can i print single status certificate on Indian Affidavit and get notarization stamp from new Delhi.
2. After getting Notarization affidavit , how can i get he ministry of external affairs and the chinese embassy to get Apostille.
3. how should i write application for it... else can i go direct to ministry of external affairs (New Delhi office)and get documents what ever required or i need to send it to them and they will do or get from Chinese embassy Apostille.

That i can proof single status and proof to china for marrying with my Chinese gf. Thank you so much
Last edited by Hyderabadi; Oct 30th, 2011 at 00:30.. Reason: Edited to remove email address.
#19 Jan 7th, 2012, 21:05
Join Date:
Jan 2012
Location:
pune
Posts:
1
  • adityaaddyelen is offline
#19
can you please send me format of afidavit....
#20 Jan 31st, 2012, 11:23
Join Date:
Jan 2012
Location:
Shanghai
Posts:
1
  • adarshfl is offline
#20

Single Status Certificate for Marriage in China

Hi Vincent,

I read your posts. I am an Indian (Christian) from Mangalore and currently working in Shanghai.

I need guidance on how to get the Single Status Certificate?

I understand that I need to get a letter from the pastor and get it attested at the Regional Attestation Office. Since I am working in China can I get the apostilles from Indian and Chinese embassy in Shanghai? Or do I need to do it from India itself?

Alternatively, should the single status certificate issued from India itself? I am residing in China from 15months now and should be living there still end of this year minimun. Can I get a letter from the Chinese church where I have registered and then get an attestation from Indian embassy in China?

Also any idea what is the validity of the Single Status Certificate?

Appreciate your inputs.

Regards,
Adarsh
#21 Feb 22nd, 2012, 16:55
Join Date:
Feb 2012
Location:
Singapore
Posts:
1
  • Manojk297 is offline
#21
Quote:
Originally Posted by adarshfl View Post Hi Vincent,

I read your posts. I am an Indian (Christian) from Mangalore and currently working in Shanghai.

I need guidance on how to get the Single Status Certificate?

I understand that I need to get a letter from the pastor and get it attested at the Regional Attestation Office. Since I am working in China can I get the apostilles from Indian and Chinese embassy in Shanghai? Or do I need to do it from India itself?

Alternatively, should the single status certificate issued from India itself? I am residing in China from 15months now and should be living there still end of this year minimun. Can I get a letter from the Chinese church where I have registered and then get an attestation from Indian embassy in China?

Also any idea what is the validity of the Single Status Certificate?

Appreciate your inputs.

Regards,
Adarsh
Adarsh I am in a similar situation. I am currently in singapore and I also need the same thing. How do I get this done from singapore. I cannot go back to India for the moment. Adarsh if u found a solution then do let me know. All the solutions mentioned are for people in India. None for overseas Indians....

Thanks
#22 Feb 25th, 2012, 07:31
Join Date:
Feb 2012
Location:
Kazakhstan
Posts:
1
  • tush83 is offline
#22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunalksinha View Post Steps
1) Get a notary attestation on the stamp paper declaring your
single status
2) Get it attested by SDM (Sub Divisional Megistrate)
3) Get APOSTILLE from Ministry of External Affairs
4) Get APOSTILLE from Embassy of the concerned Country

This works as Single status certificate.
Kunal I am planning to get married in may in Kazakhstan, i spoke to the indian embassy in astana they said "a letter from my parents stating that i am not married or engaged to anyone and we have no objections for his marriage in kazakhstan." get it notarized and bring it to the indian embassy in kazakhstan we will stamp it. do we have to go through all the above steps or can i just get it notarized and then stamped from indian embassy in kazakhstan.
#23 Feb 25th, 2012, 22:50
Join Date:
Feb 2012
Location:
India
Posts:
1
  • MW4NFS is offline
#23

Single status certificate

Hi,

How can I obtain a single status certificate and what is the complete process for going about it to make it a valid document.

additional Information:-

I am a christian and my brother is a gazetted officer.

Thanks.
#24 Mar 2nd, 2012, 04:10
Join Date:
Mar 2012
Location:
UK
Posts:
1
  • sushil04 is offline
#24
Hello guys have recently obtained my singles certificate,
From your local court on a 100rupee STAMP PAPER stating your name ,adress,date of birth ,state that you are single.
Get it attested and a NOTARY .
I took the stamp paper and had done a ATTESTATION of state ministry from the building opposite mantralaya(mumbai)
From the same place the document was send to Ministry of external affairs ,delhi for APPOSTAL STAMP..
Once done go to indian consulate in the country you are staying and get it ATTESTED . thats all
#25 Mar 16th, 2012, 13:32
Join Date:
Mar 2012
Location:
india/uk/taiwan
Posts:
1
  • rajputshashi9070 is offline
#25
Hello everyone .....

sushil04 can u please tell me how many days it took for the whole process and this attestation of state ministry oprates state wise of even a person from gujarat has to go there for single proof certificate ...
it will be very kind of you for yours reply

thanks you shashi rajput
#26 Apr 3rd, 2012, 17:50
Join Date:
Apr 2012
Location:
United arab emirates
Posts:
3
  • jaysuvarna is offline
#26

Smile Single status certificate

Hi Adarsh..

I am from mangalore and in similar situation, looking for the procedures to obtain single status certificate. If you have got any information please help me out.. thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarshfl View Post Hi Vincent,

I read your posts. I am an Indian (Christian) from Mangalore and currently working in Shanghai.

I need guidance on how to get the Single Status Certificate?

I understand that I need to get a letter from the pastor and get it attested at the Regional Attestation Office. Since I am working in China can I get the apostilles from Indian and Chinese embassy in Shanghai? Or do I need to do it from India itself?

Alternatively, should the single status certificate issued from India itself? I am residing in China from 15months now and should be living there still end of this year minimun. Can I get a letter from the Chinese church where I have registered and then get an attestation from Indian embassy in China?

Also any idea what is the validity of the Single Status Certificate?

Appreciate your inputs.

Regards,
Adarsh
#27 Apr 3rd, 2012, 20:08
Join Date:
Apr 2012
Location:
United arab emirates
Posts:
3
  • jaysuvarna is offline
#27

Guys

Hi Vincent & manoj

I am from mangalore too, but residing in UAE, being in the similar situation, please do let me know about getting a bachelorhood certificate? thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manojk297 View Post Adarsh I am in a similar situation. I am currently in singapore and I also need the same thing. How do I get this done from singapore. I cannot go back to India for the moment. Adarsh if u found a solution then do let me know. All the solutions mentioned are for people in India. None for overseas Indians....

Thanks
#28 Apr 20th, 2012, 19:53
Join Date:
Apr 2012
Location:
New Delhi
Posts:
1
  • skohli is offline
#28

Hi Kunalksingh

Hi Kunal

I am going through a similar situation, running from pillar to post till I saw your posting.
Did your method actually work? I'd really appreciate it if you could send me a reply.

Thanks so much!
#29 May 21st, 2012, 14:13
Join Date:
May 2012
Location:
Bangalore
Posts:
2
  • jaiveerjhala is offline
#29

Single certificate

Hi everybody, i am looking to obtain a single proof and by your responses so far understand that we need to first get a affidavit done and then get it stamped from mumbai and also from the ministry of external affairs in delhi. And this then has to be submitted to the local embassy in whichever country one is getting married. I have a couple of questions first one being that is it better to then get a registered marriage done in india first. And also what is the procedure to apply for a pio status for my wife? My wife is from japan and when i spoke to the embassy there they told me to get a single certificate from the indian government, its very vague. And also i stay in bangalore, so wanted to know if it can be done from here as well or i have to tracel to bombay and delhi as sushil had mentioned. All the help will be appreciated.thanks
#30 May 21st, 2012, 14:35
Join Date:
Oct 2004
Location:
Chennai, India
Posts:
58,794
  • Nick-H is offline
#30
Quote:
Hi everybody, i am looking to obtain a single proof and by your responses so far understand that we need to first get a affidavit done and then get it stamped from mumbai and also from the ministry of external affairs in delhi. And this then has to be submitted to the local embassy in whichever country one is getting married.
That would depend on the country in which you are going to marry. Not every country requires such a thing, perhaps most don't, I only know that my mother country, UK, does not.
Quote:
My wife is from japan and when i spoke to the embassy there they told me to get a single certificate from the indian government,
When you spoke to what embassy where? The Indian embassy in Japan? I don't think they have anything to do with it: if you want to marry in Japan, you need to know Japanese law and requirements --- and the person to find out about that is your Japanese fiance. Or Japanese embassy in India? I suppose they should know: But still, your lady is the person to handle the Japanese stuff: she will be the expert!
Quote:
is it better to then get a registered marriage done in india first
First? One marriage should be enough --- for the whole world. Is it better? Sorry, no idea, because I have no idea how hard it is to arrange these things in Japan.

Japanese culture is hugely formal, and for us (unless you have learnt Japanese from your girlfriend) there is a huge language block. Mind you, I've never been there (I wish I had!) but I did work for a Japanese company for more than a decade.

Quote:
And also what is the procedure to apply for a pio status for my wife?
Whoa! One step at a time, please! Added to which, that information is easily available on the Indian Bureau of Immigration and MHA Foreigner's Section sites. Added to that, any local requirements for a Japanese citizen might be found on the Japanese Indian-embassy site. Apart from that, there is heaps of experience and advice on this site: just search for it!

Similar Threads

Title, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views Forum
Single Female in Bangalore Oct 3rd, 2012 16:39 32 13825 India Expat Area
Safe for Single Woman in Bangalore??? Nov 5th, 2007 13:38 22 17867 Bangalore
First Aid Certificate May 22nd, 2006 20:45 4 2104 Chai and Chat
Residency certificate Sep 4th, 2005 17:34 3 3565 For Citizens of Other Countries - Visa and PIO/OCI Questions
Residence certificate Jul 24th, 2005 13:51 10 5946 For Citizens of Other Countries - Visa and PIO/OCI Questions


Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Forum Rules»
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2
© IndiaMike.com 2014
Page Load Success