questions about getting registration in Delhi and PIO card

#1 Aug 3rd, 2010, 23:16
Join Date:
Jul 2008
Location:
india
Posts:
65
  • melinderry is offline
#1
Hello, I am back on this forum trying to work out some immigration things again..

I am trying to get a PIO card. I have been married to an India for just over one year now. I tried to get a PIO in London but they have told me that I need to have been married for 2 years.
However they also told me that I can get it in Delhi after 1 year of marriage.

So now I am in London and our return flight goes via Delhi and then on to Chennai. SO we were thinking to make a stop over in Delhi and try for the PIO. However I have one doubt.

On the website for MHA India it says that I need to show registration certificate for getting a PIO. I have surrendered my old certificate (although I do have a photocopy) when my last visa expired. I will be entering India with new x visa and my husband is with me. We live in Kerala.
Does anyone know if I can register in Delhi even though we live in Kerala, and also how long it takes to give the certificate. Do they give it same day as registration or some days later?
Can I give hotel C form copy as proof of address or do I need my Kerala address proof - would my husbands proof of address be accepted?

Many thanks in advance for help with any of those questions!!
#2 Aug 3rd, 2010, 23:23
Join Date:
May 2008
Location:
Back in Jolly ol' Blighty!
Posts:
8,250
  • Haylo is offline
#2
Quote:
Originally Posted by melinderry View Post Does anyone know if I can register in Delhi even though we live in Kerala
I'm pretty sure that you have to register are your nearest FRO/FRRO, and that you just can't choose to register somewhere else instead.
______________________________ ______________________________ _________________

The world is mud-luscious and puddle-wonderful - E.E. Cummings, poet (1894-1962)

My India Photos Re-Entry Permit from: UK & USA ~ MHA Tourist Visa FAQ ~ MHA Employent & Business Visa FAQ ~ MHA Student Visa FAQ ~ MHA Entry Visa FAQ .
#3 Aug 4th, 2010, 02:28
Join Date:
Mar 2009
Location:
Nirvana
Posts:
64
  • hardy007 is offline
#3

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by melinderry View Post Hello, I am back on this forum trying to work out some immigration things again..

I am trying to get a PIO card. I have been married to an India for just over one year now. I tried to get a PIO in London but they have told me that I need to have been married for 2 years.
However they also told me that I can get it in Delhi after 1 year of marriage.

So now I am in London and our return flight goes via Delhi and then on to Chennai. SO we were thinking to make a stop over in Delhi and try for the PIO. However I have one doubt.

On the website for MHA India it says that I need to show registration certificate for getting a PIO. I have surrendered my old certificate (although I do have a photocopy) when my last visa expired. I will be entering India with new x visa and my husband is with me. We live in Kerala.

Does anyone know if I can register in Delhi even though we live in Kerala, and also how long it takes to give the certificate. Do they give it same day as registration or some days later?
Can I give hotel C form copy as proof of address or do I need my Kerala address proof - would my husbands proof of address be accepted?

Many thanks in advance for help with any of those questions!!
I think only FRRO or MHA can give you the best ways but i can only suggest and advise you as follows:

if you live in Delhi then:

you need to give the proof of your address before to get registered and you can live as on rent basis or with your relatives or any address proof of your husband in delhi where ever you stay, on the same day FRRO registers you till the expiry date of your X visa.

you have to prepare for a whole day in registration process as time taking because of good rush in FRRO and MHA.


Hotel proof some how all right for registration if you are on Tourist Visa for 180 days but i wont suggest the hotel as an address proof on X visa because you have planed for PIO.

Procedure to get the PIO in your hands it takes 3 months from the date of application and your X visa should be valid and it should not be expired. In the mean time they officially contact your embassy for approvals (Like ask for NOC from them). you just need to ask them whether you can re-locate or not during the applied application of PIO.

they can also come to verify your address so remember what you write on the form like these particulars:

Address: Present/ Permanent/ Address in India (Verifiable)

You need to make 2 sets of photocopies of your all documents including your New X Visa copies plus Passport. Show them in originals during the submit ion and 4 passport size light/white background pictures.

Your husband's Passport copies will be also required and address proof.

copies of Marriage certificate - try to get attached from your embassy (otherwise chance to make you run in your embassy because of missed silly and small things)

Rs 15000 (Non Refundable) Demand Draft in the favor of FRRO, Delhi (2 photocopies)

but Those residing other than Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Amritsar and chennia. they have to apply :


Joint Secretary (Foreigners), Ministry of Home Affairs, Ist floor, Lok Nayak Bhavan, Khan Market, New Delhi - 11000

they also take care about PIO with the same process but they take quite a long time to hand over the PIO as compare with FRRO people .If i say when you approach these two, you can directly interact with FRRO in the office timings with less rush (as separate desk for PIO/OCI) and phones as other options but for MHA, you can only interact through tokens with whole day waiting rush and just little difficult to follow up.

So even if you live and registered in Kerala , you've to apply at MHA delhi for PIO.

Now its your choice from where you want to apply and its up to your plans where to reside.


Still for a Better Clarity try to call FRRO/ MHA before taking the action and ask the same.
#4 Aug 4th, 2010, 03:10
Join Date:
May 2008
Location:
Back in Jolly ol' Blighty!
Posts:
8,250
  • Haylo is offline
#4
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardy007 View Post I think only FRRO or MHA can give you the best ways but if you will be living here in Delhi then:
To sum it up, melinderry lives in Kerala. She is not registered at the FRO there because she has only just been granted an entry visa. She is currently abroad but is thinking of having a stopover in Delhi on her way home, to make a PIO application. She cannot apply for PIO without being registered at an FRO/FRRO.

IF it is possible for people living in the South to register at the FRRO Delhi, can anyone offer any guidance as to how long melinderry would have to stay in Delhi in order to register and then then make a PIO application?
#5 Aug 4th, 2010, 04:00
Join Date:
Mar 2009
Location:
Nirvana
Posts:
64
  • hardy007 is offline
#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haylo View Post To sum it up, melinderry lives in Kerala.

IF it is possible for people living in the South to register at the FRRO Delhi,
If she want to give the proof of Kerala's address and registration then she is not eligible to approach FRRO Delhi for PIO anymore.Afterthat She has only right to approach : MHA, Delhi for further PIO assistance.

My suggestion is that, She should apply from Kerala

but yes 1st she has to register herself in Kerala at Local FRRO and then at MHA, Delhi.

For that it would be sure Round the trip for Delhi but after that she can relax for another 3 months and continue to live there till the expiry date of X visa.
#6 Aug 4th, 2010, 04:14
Join Date:
Mar 2009
Location:
Nirvana
Posts:
64
  • hardy007 is offline
#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haylo View Post can anyone offer any guidance as to how long melinderry would have to stay in Delhi in order to register and then then make a PIO application?
I think just in one and two days of stoppage in delhi , it is impossible to apply PIO because of few reasons:

1) whatever the registered address (present address) of delhi if she provide to FRRO , there are chances to check it later on, may be after 2 or 2.5 months and if they reject because of any un-faithful particulars then Money is non- refundable.

2) Subject to carry all documents, it means she should carry all documents care fully other wise wastage of time with them even if she misses single piece of important paper.

Thats why i mentioned important notes in above.

But still anybody can suggest, that would be great help
#7 Aug 13th, 2010, 17:46
Join Date:
Jul 2008
Location:
india
Posts:
65
  • melinderry is offline
#7
thank you for all the replies and the PIO information. Finally I have decided not to make the Delhi stopover as it cost extra and was too unsure - will make the trip to Delhi sometime in the future....

best wishes to everyone.

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Forum Rules»
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2
© IndiaMike.com 2014
Page Load Success