Passport Status. what does it mean?

#1 May 1st, 2012, 10:47
Join Date:
May 2012
Location:
USA
Posts:
3
  • punu81 is offline
#1
We applied for passport of our 3 month old daughter at PSK, Amritsar.
The status is : Passport Application has been granted and police verification report has been submitted. You will receive an email/sms once the passport is dispatched.

What does this mean? The receipt that they gave us after the appointment says that Police Verification is not required. This is a Normal Application Not Tatkal. Does this mean they have initiated Police Verification? or Does this mean that they have received the POlice Verification form the local police?
Please answer, Thank you for your response.
anshu
#2 May 1st, 2012, 13:16
Join Date:
Jan 2008
Location:
india
Posts:
7,790
  • brishti is offline
#2
Quote:
Originally Posted by punu81 View Post The status is : Passport Application has been granted and police verification report has been submitted. You will receive an email/sms once the passport is dispatched.
am guessing - all required verification has been completed - and you only have to wait to receive the passport.



where is narendra ? - havent seen him in ages.
:brishti
#3 May 1st, 2012, 13:45
Learning... from others' experiences!
Join Date:
Sep 2011
Location:
India
Posts:
12,626
  • Prakaant is offline
#3
Quote:
Originally Posted by brishti View Post ...
where is narendra ? - havent seen him in ages.
:brishti
Yes, :brishti, you are correct!
He is away from the Forum since last sixteen days!

But, we have seen him going away for few days in between!
#4 May 1st, 2012, 18:09
Join Date:
May 2012
Location:
USA
Posts:
3
  • punu81 is offline
#4

Thank you

Thank your for your reply.
anshu
#5 May 8th, 2012, 22:10
Join Date:
Jun 2010
Location:
Hyderabad, india
Posts:
8,570
  • narendra.d is offline
#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by brishti View Post where is narendra ? - havent seen him in ages.
:brishti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prakaant View Post He is away from the Forum since last sixteen days!

But, we have seen him going away for few days in between!
Sorry Guys. Been away for a long time. Will try to spend some time on the forum.

And thanks a lot for remembering. Really appreciate it.
#6 May 10th, 2012, 00:11
Join Date:
Jun 2010
Location:
Hyderabad, india
Posts:
8,570
  • narendra.d is offline
#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by punu81 View Post We applied for passport of our 3 month old daughter at PSK, Amritsar.
The status is : Passport Application has been granted and police verification report has been submitted. You will receive an email/sms once the passport is dispatched.

What does this mean? The receipt that they gave us after the appointment says that Police Verification is not required. This is a Normal Application Not Tatkal. Does this mean they have initiated Police Verification? or Does this mean that they have received the POlice Verification form the local police?
Please answer, Thank you for your response.
anshu
Normally, Police verification is not done for infants. The status is a Standard one sent to all and just means that the Passport has been issued and will be despatched soon.
#7 May 15th, 2012, 04:41
Join Date:
May 2012
Location:
USA
Posts:
3
  • punu81 is offline
#7
That was right, we did receive the passport after 10 days of this message. Thank you for your responses.

anshu

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Forum Rules»
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2
© IndiaMike.com 2017
Page Load Success