New Delhi Metro Station to Airport

#1 Aug 16th, 2013, 12:01
Join Date:
Feb 2013
Location:
Canada
Posts:
8
  • camrocky is offline
#1
I'm sorry if this is a repeat post, I'm a little short on time and can't look around to find out if this has already been answered.

I fly out of Delhi, international, on Sunday at 8:30 AM. How long does the express airport line take from New Delhi metro station (which is close to my hotel) ? Also, I have read that the first train departs at 5:30 AM, so would you think that going by metro is a good idea, or too tight for the time and hiring a taxicab a better idea ? If the taxicab is more advisable, would anyone know a good (read cheap) company that could get me from my hotel to the airport in time for my flight ?

Thank you so much
#2 Aug 16th, 2013, 12:12
Join Date:
Apr 2012
Location:
Pune
Posts:
11
  • mrinal91212 is offline
#2
Quote:
Originally Posted by camrocky View Post I'm sorry if this is a repeat post, I'm a little short on time and can't look around to find out if this has already been answered.

I fly out of Delhi, international, on Sunday at 8:30 AM. How long does the express airport line take from New Delhi metro station (which is close to my hotel) ? Also, I have read that the first train departs at 5:30 AM, so would you think that going by metro is a good idea, or too tight for the time and hiring a taxicab a better idea ? If the taxicab is more advisable, would anyone know a good (read cheap) company that could get me from my hotel to the airport in time for my flight ?

Thank you so much
Maximum 50 Mins From New Delhi Metro Station to Terminal 3 Metro Station . If you take the 5:30 AM metro then you should be able to comfortably make it by 6:30 AM .
#3 Aug 22nd, 2013, 12:52
Join Date:
May 2013
Location:
New Delhi
Posts:
23
  • kolkatatravel is offline
#3
I went to Terminal 3 Metro from New Delhi Metro station using the Express line once... It took around 20 minutes
#4 Aug 27th, 2013, 22:10
Join Date:
Apr 2012
Location:
Pune
Posts:
11
  • mrinal91212 is offline
#4
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolkatatravel View Post I went to Terminal 3 Metro from New Delhi Metro station using the Express line once... It took around 20 minutes
It used to when the Metro was running at speeds of 100 KM/hr + , now its speed has been reduced to 40-50 km/hr hence takes more time ...........
#5 Aug 29th, 2013, 10:54
Join Date:
May 2013
Location:
UK - 6month secondment to Delhi with work.
Posts:
76
  • dhutch is offline
#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrinal91212 View Post ... now its speed has been reduced to 40-50 km/hr hence takes more time..
Why the reduction in running speed?
#6 Aug 31st, 2013, 12:26
Join Date:
Jun 2013
Location:
Delhi
Posts:
270
Send a message via Skype™ to amit.gksharma
  • amit.gksharma is offline
#6
Reduction in speed due to technical problem in tracks and faulty design of pillars.
#7 Sep 19th, 2013, 15:22
Join Date:
Sep 2013
Location:
Delhi
Posts:
4
  • addymartin is offline
#7
The Best Metro Service in Delhi from New Delhi to Airport and Airport to New Delhi (Time Saving)
#8 Sep 20th, 2013, 02:10
Join Date:
Feb 2013
Location:
Pune / Goa
Posts:
222
  • markrodricks is offline
#8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrinal91212 View Post It used to when the Metro was running at speeds of 100 KM/hr + , now its speed has been reduced to 40-50 km/hr hence takes more time ...........
This is incorrect information. Trains are now playing at 75-80km/hr. a 1 way travel shouldn't take more than 30 mins now once you've got your train.
#9 Sep 20th, 2013, 03:40
Join Date:
Sep 2013
Location:
Delhi
Posts:
4
  • chan222 is offline
#9

early airport express metro

I was in India in early September, I used the airport metro from T3 to NDLS,

I heard they have started metro early, and now first train leaves starting stations at 4:45 AM instead of 5:30, I missed one train at T3 which came at about 4:55 AM, I took next train at about 5:20 AM and it took less than 40 minutes to reah NDLS, same should be true for a reverse journey, I believe
call airport metro helpline for confirmed timing from NDLS
#10 Sep 20th, 2013, 03:47
Join Date:
Sep 2013
Location:
Delhi
Posts:
4
  • chan222 is offline
#10
Quote:
Originally Posted by chan222 View Post I was in India in early September, I used the airport metro from T3 to NDLS,

I heard they have started metro early, and now first train leaves starting stations at 4:45 AM instead of 5:30, I missed one train at T3 which came at about 4:55 AM, I took next train at about 5:20 AM and it took less than 40 minutes to reah NDLS, same should be true for a reverse journey, I believe
call airport metro helpline for confirmed timing from NDLS
confirmed with source the Hindu

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...cle4973445.ece

Similar Threads

Title, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views Forum
Delhi domestic airport terminal 1D to Delhi railway station , Delhi Metro ? Nov 12th, 2012 15:17 19 55194 Delhi
Metro station at Kolkata Airport? Nov 2nd, 2012 15:39 1 1315 Kolkata (Calcutta)
Hotels near to airport express metro station Jun 27th, 2012 14:17 1 686 Delhi
Is RK Ashram Marg metro station on the Delhi Airport Express Line? Nov 8th, 2011 12:46 9 2762 Delhi
Delhi int.airport to nearest metro-station Jan 8th, 2006 04:02 2 7930 Lodging and Hotels in India


Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Forum Rules»
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2
© IndiaMike.com 2014
Page Load Success