Mountain gear shops.

#1 Nov 23rd, 2017, 08:30
Join Date:
Dec 2006
Location:
Washington, D.C./ India
Posts:
7
  • vajraheart is offline
#1
Morning,
Does anyone know of any good mountain gear shops , in or around New Delhi? I am looking for good import brands, like Arc'teryx, Patagonia, Mountain Hardware...etc. International shipping from the respective sites is very costly, long, and complicated. I've searched high and low, but can not find any shops around here that sell high end mountain gear. Specifically I am mainly looking for fleece pullovers. I have outerwear, but neglected to pack enough mid-layers from the states. Thanks for your time.
#2 Nov 23rd, 2017, 10:38
Join Date:
May 2014
Location:
Pune
Posts:
5,722
  • snotty is offline
#2
Three decathlon stores in Delhi. I am not sure if they have the specific brands that you are looking for, but they have a good range and variety in fleece. I personally have two fleece shirts bought from them and am pretty happy with the experience. They do have few other brands as well - you could check it on their website and ask the same to be delivered either at your address in India or collect it from the nearest store.

Addresses here.

Website link.
Sar Pass Trek , Rohtang, Munnar, Badrinath Kedarnath, Vaishnodevi, Goa
#3 Nov 23rd, 2017, 10:59
Join Date:
Dec 2006
Location:
Washington, D.C./ India
Posts:
7
  • vajraheart is offline
#3
I've been to that shop, it doesn't have what I am looking for. Specifically I am looking for import brands. I worked in the outdoor industry for a number of years, so I have good knowledge of differences in workmanship amongst products. Thans for your reply though.[

QUOTE=snotty;2066329]Three decathlon stores in Delhi. I am not sure if they have the specific brands that you are looking for, but they have a good range and variety in fleece. I personally have two fleece shirts bought from them and am pretty happy with the experience. They do have few other brands as well - you could check it on their website and ask the same to be delivered either at your address in India or collect it from the nearest store.

Addresses here.

Website link.[/QUOTE]
#4 Nov 23rd, 2017, 17:29
Join Date:
Apr 2008
Location:
New Delhi, NCR
Posts:
760
  • blackfog is offline
#4
Quote:
Originally Posted by vajraheart View Post Morning,
Does anyone know of any good mountain gear shops , in or around New Delhi? I am looking for good import brands, like Arc'teryx, Patagonia, Mountain Hardware...etc. International shipping from the respective sites is very costly, long, and complicated. I've searched high and low, but can not find any shops around here that sell high end mountain gear. Specifically I am mainly looking for fleece pullovers. I have outerwear, but neglected to pack enough mid-layers from the states. Thanks for your time.
Decathlon and many other stores in Delhi. Some local manufacturers are good too. For example, Pashupati tent and Stikage. A detailed listing is available at www.inditramp.com/stores

regards,
Ashish
#5 Nov 23rd, 2017, 17:34
Join Date:
May 2014
Location:
Pune
Posts:
5,722
  • snotty is offline
#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfog View Post Decathlon and many other stores in Delhi. Some local manufacturers are good too...
Quote:
Originally Posted by vajraheart View Post I've been to that shop, it doesn't have what I am looking for. Specifically I am looking for import brands. I worked in the outdoor industry for a number of years, so I have good knowledge of differences in workmanship amongst products...
He has been to decathlon and specifically is looking for imported brands only!
#6 Nov 23rd, 2017, 18:02
Join Date:
Apr 2009
Location:
Almora
Posts:
6,363
  • jituyadav is offline
#6
Some of the products from these brands are available on Amazon, check out if you can find what you are looking for.
If you find my posts confrontationist, please bear, I am an old frustrated guy who has nothing better to do than sit on rocking chair and curse the world whole day
#7 Nov 23rd, 2017, 21:41
Join Date:
Dec 2008
Location:
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Posts:
14,355
  • vaibhav_arora is offline
#7
There's a Columbia store in dlf Mall of India. Google it. Granted it's not marmot quality but that's the closest I've found
#8 Nov 23rd, 2017, 22:03
Join Date:
Dec 2006
Location:
Washington, D.C./ India
Posts:
7
  • vajraheart is offline
#8
Yeah i found some items on Amazon - India. The prices were way higher than the original rates. Ordering directly from the US is an option for some particular brands, but then there is the custom fees and so on. Many major outdoor brands do not ship outside the US.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jituyadav View Post Some of the products from these brands are available on Amazon, check out if you can find what you are looking for.
#9 Nov 23rd, 2017, 22:05
Join Date:
Dec 2006
Location:
Washington, D.C./ India
Posts:
7
  • vajraheart is offline
#9
I am very familiar with Columbia products, but they don't suit my needs or requirements. Fit nor function are to my expectations. Thanks for the reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhav_arora View Post There's a Columbia store in dlf Mall of India. Google it. Granted it's not marmot quality but that's the closest I've found

Similar Threads

Title, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views Forum
2 month storage of mountain gear in Delhi while backpacking? Jun 10th, 2013 12:12 5 3283 Packing Tips for India travel
Shops that rent Artificial Bridal Jewellery shops in Kolkata? May 25th, 2010 05:46 6 12242 Kolkata (Calcutta)
shops Jan 31st, 2010 20:48 5 1251 Delhi
ATM, Mountain gear, Hospital etc in Leh Sep 11th, 2009 09:11 5 1799 Ladakh & Zanskar


Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Forum Rules»
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2
© IndiaMike.com 2017
Page Load Success