How far? How to travel from Delhi ISBT to Nizamuddin Train Station

#1 Jul 17th, 2008, 11:26
Join Date:
Jul 2008
Location:
United States
Posts:
31
  • minkatheb is offline
#1
I was wondering if anyone knew what is the best way to get from Delhi ISBT (Kashmiri Gate) to the H. Nizamudin (NZM) train station? Also, how far are these two, and how much should an auto charge, if we do decide to take one.

Thanks!
babA
Last edited by minkatheb; Jul 17th, 2008 at 11:31.. Reason: added which ISBT
#2 Jul 17th, 2008, 11:37
Join Date:
Sep 2005
Location:
India
Posts:
6,608
  • jyotirmoy is offline
#2
Taking an auto is probably the best option. When do you arrive?
The metro can take you to New Delhi rly station. There are suburban trains from New delhi to Faridabad which passes thru NZM. But these are not frequent and the frequency is better during peak office time and quite crowdy.
The auto ride would cost around Rs.150 to 200/-
Since it is almost impossible for even a Delhite to persuade these auto guys to go by meter it is equally impossible to guess how much you can haggle down the price quoted.
#3 Jul 17th, 2008, 11:39
Join Date:
May 2008
Location:
delhi
Posts:
68
Send a message via Skype™ to nitin k
  • nitin k is offline
#3
Quote:
Originally Posted by minkatheb View Post I was wondering if anyone knew what is the best way to get from Delhi ISBT (Kashmiri Gate) to the H. Nizamudin (NZM) train station? Also, how far are these two, and how much should an auto charge, if we do decide to take one.

Thanks!
babA
you can take a taxi for 200-250
auto for 80 -100
you can find a pre-paid taxi booth outside the ISBT, in the case you are bad with bargain! the must thing in INDIA)
and if you want to take a bus ride catch inner mudrika service to nizaamuddin a
and outer mudrika service for sarai kale khan ISBT which is close to nizaamuddiin rly station
buses operated by DTC and private operators
"Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something."
#4 Jul 17th, 2008, 11:40
Join Date:
May 2008
Location:
delhi
Posts:
68
Send a message via Skype™ to nitin k
  • nitin k is offline
#4
Quote:
Originally Posted by minkatheb View Post I was wondering if anyone knew what is the best way to get from Delhi ISBT (Kashmiri Gate) to the H. Nizamudin (NZM) train station? Also, how far are these two, and how much should an auto charge, if we do decide to take one.

Thanks!
babA
the distance is around 12-15 KM
#5 Jul 17th, 2008, 11:41
Join Date:
May 2007
Location:
New Delhi, India
Posts:
7,695
  • shashank.aggarwal is offline
#5
If you do not have huge luggage...just take the metro to Central Secretariat and from there hire an Auto..
Food Enthusiasts of Delhi

Follow us on Facebook for latest Updates -> Eatlo

Travelogue - Around India
#6 Jul 17th, 2008, 11:43
Join Date:
May 2008
Location:
delhi
Posts:
68
Send a message via Skype™ to nitin k
  • nitin k is offline
#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.aggarwal View Post If you do not have huge luggage...just take the metro to Central Secretariat and from there hire an Auto..
hi shashank!
that is not the right way!! it becomes a triangle
ISBT - C.SECT - NZM
#7 Jul 17th, 2008, 11:50
Join Date:
May 2007
Location:
New Delhi, India
Posts:
7,695
  • shashank.aggarwal is offline
#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin k View Post hi shashank!
that is not the right way!! it becomes a triangle
ISBT - C.SECT - NZM

Not really, from Central Sect, Auto will head straight to India Gate, then Mathura Road OR sunder Nagar and Voila you are there...

Talk about the time and cost factor..a metro ride would be Rs.10-15 and from CS auto would around Rs.50 only..would hardly take half an hour and all traffic would be avoided..
#8 Jul 17th, 2008, 12:02
Join Date:
May 2008
Location:
delhi
Posts:
68
Send a message via Skype™ to nitin k
  • nitin k is offline
#8
Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.aggarwal View Post Not really, from Central Sect, Auto will head straight to India Gate, then Mathura Road OR sunder Nagar and Voila you are there...

Talk about the time and cost factor..a metro ride would be Rs.10-15 and from CS auto would around Rs.50 only..would hardly take half an hour and all traffic would be avoided..
i was talking the distance wise!
and also if you directly take a auto or taxi from ISBT- NZM ...it will go through
rajghat- ito- pragati maidan redlight - noida mor - kale khan - NZM .. which means two red lights
and all on ring road and moving ( shahnk wont agree i think on this!!)
so it's less hassle than changing modes for a short travel
#9 Jul 17th, 2008, 12:07
Join Date:
May 2007
Location:
New Delhi, India
Posts:
7,695
  • shashank.aggarwal is offline
#9
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin k View Post i was talking the distance wise!
and also if you directly take a auto or taxi from ISBT- NZM ...it will go through
rajghat- ito- pragati maidan redlight - noida mor - kale khan - NZM .. which means two red lights
and all on ring road and moving ( shahnk wont agree i think on this!!)
so it's less hassle than changing modes for a short travel
Oh !! Actually I have never really used that stretch of road, so I am not aware about it. The only route that came to my mind was ISBT, Darya Ganj, ITO, India Gate, Mathura road. However the ring road seems to be a good option..
#10 Jul 17th, 2008, 12:24
Join Date:
Jul 2008
Location:
United States
Posts:
31
  • minkatheb is offline
#10
Great- so, should I allow for an hour max for auto/taxi? I will probably be arriving at the Delhi ISBT (Kashmir Gate) around 8-9 AM on Sunday morning. I am trying to catch a 11 AM train from NZM.
#11 Jul 17th, 2008, 12:26
Join Date:
Sep 2005
Location:
India
Posts:
6,608
  • jyotirmoy is offline
#11
Sunday morning no traffic problems so you will comfortably reach NZM well in time for your train.
#12 Jul 17th, 2008, 12:29
Join Date:
May 2008
Location:
delhi
Posts:
68
Send a message via Skype™ to nitin k
  • nitin k is offline
#12
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyotirmoy View Post Sunday morning no traffic problems so you will comfortably reach NZM well in time for your train.
well yes
happy journey!!!
#13 Jul 19th, 2008, 16:05
Join Date:
Jul 2008
Location:
United States
Posts:
31
  • minkatheb is offline
#13
Hmm...thinking about another option. How far is the Old Delhi Station to Nizamudin, and what are my travel options if I want to go from Old Delhi Station (DLI) to H. Nizamuddin (NZM)?
#14 Jul 19th, 2008, 16:12
Join Date:
Nov 2006
Location:
New Delhi & Himachal Pradesh (Shimla)
Posts:
5,765
  • puchoo is offline
#14
Still keep 1 hour as the margin... primary options would be an auto or a taxi, but buses will also be plying if you want to use those..



Quote:
Originally Posted by minkatheb View Post Hmm...thinking about another option. How far is the Old Delhi Station to Nizamudin, and what are my travel options if I want to go from Old Delhi Station (DLI) to H. Nizamuddin (NZM)?
#15 Jul 19th, 2008, 16:37
Join Date:
Jul 2008
Location:
United States
Posts:
31
  • minkatheb is offline
#15
puchoo, thanks for the reply. Are there any local (EMU?) trains available from DLI station as well? Someone said that I can catch some kind of "shuttle" from DLI to NZM. Ever heard of it?

Similar Threads

Title, Username, & Date Last Post Replies Views Forum
Old Delhi station to Nizamuddin station Aug 15th, 2011 15:09 3 3422 Delhi
Which station will be better H.Nizamuddin or N.Delhi ? Aug 23rd, 2008 21:46 20 6245 Indian Railways
Meeting place near Nizamuddin station, Delhi Oct 31st, 2007 16:44 3 1758 India Travel Itinerary Advice
Hotel near Nizamuddin Station Delhi? Apr 1st, 2007 18:16 2 4895 Lodging and Hotels in India
Delhi station or H Nizamuddin Jul 15th, 2006 23:05 10 13435 Delhi


Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Forum Rules»
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2
© IndiaMike.com 2014
Page Load Success