Motorcycle Registration - Temporary Registration Docs

#1 Mar 3rd, 2008, 12:05
Join Date:
Feb 2008
Southport, UK and Sligo, Ireland
  • Fi and Mark is offline
Hi All,

I own an Enfield Bullet which I bought new in 2004 while resident in Hyderabad.. I bought it from the main Enfield dealer there, and at the time I remember paying about 5000 rs for registration and lifetime tax (we headed off in an auto to an office where the bile was registered).. Drove the bike for 8 months then left India leaving the bike with a friend. . We're now returning to drive around the South, and I'm trying to make sure my documentation is in order.. I've reviewed my bike docs and I notice that the only tax and reg doc i have says its a temporary registration, expiring a year after I bought the bike.. Should I have another doc somewhere? Do I need to do anything after arriving in Hyderabad and how long will that take?

Any advice would really be appreciated!

Mark and Fi
#2 Mar 3rd, 2008, 12:43
Join Date:
Dec 2007
Now in Bangalore City!
  • madan80 is offline
Usually, you pay life time tax but yearly insurance. If the bike was registered in your name - there could be apossibility of the tax also being yearly - This is a feature that is given to central government employees.
The best thing to do is get in touch with the Automobile Assosiation of Southern India offce at Secundrabad :

9, New Vasavi Nagar,
Karkhana Main Road
Secunderabad 500 015

040 - 27743096

They will be able to guide you in the best possible way.

If you can - become a member at the automobile association in UK, it will help you immensely - as services are extended across all Automobile Associations across the world.
Now a certified rally driver!
#3 Mar 3rd, 2008, 12:45
Join Date:
Nov 2006
New Delhi & Himachal Pradesh (Shimla)
  • puchoo is offline
Check with your dealer or the need the permanent RC. Temp RC's are only issued for you to be able to drive around for a little time while the main one comes in..

I went through the same the bike in Delhi...and 1.5 years down the line my girlfriend (now wife) noticed that i did not have the permanent RC.. (i was none the wiser as well at that time) we went to the RTO and they , thankfully, managed to find it and hand it over to me in 30 minutes

2 years back i got my car...permanent RC picked up from the dealer within a month of purchase.
#4 Mar 3rd, 2008, 12:47
Join Date:
Oct 2004
Chennai, India
  • Nick-H is offline
Becoming a member of the AA in UK is expensive!

Currently mobile browsing... have turned off pics, etc. Will try to catch up with all the birds, food, etc, in a week or two!
#5 Mar 3rd, 2008, 12:55
Join Date:
Sep 2001
Land that shakes and bakes.
  • edwardseco is offline
If you can - become a member at the automobile association in UK, it will help you immensely - as services are extended across all Automobile Associations across the world.
Good to know. Presumably one could do the same in India. My brother in law never had proper papers on his car (Amby) of 18 years. Now its someone else's problem. My title on a 2 wheeler got hung up in a government employee strike and never came for over a year..

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Forum Rules»
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2
© 2014
Page Load Success